We are committed to:
- Providing an outstanding, holistic and personalised educational experience for students with special educational needs.
- Providing a welcoming, happy and supportive environment for each student where individual achievement, success and the joy of learning is celebrated.
- Providing the opportunity for learning beyond the school day through residential programmes on site and participation in adventurous residential activities ( eg Tall Ship Expedition, Calvert Trust, Eden project)
- Enabling each student to develop a positive sense of worth and self- esteem by nurturing their skills in vocational and life skills activities to overcome barriers and live and work as adults within our society.
- Enabling each student to achieve their full potential by providing a challenging, motivating, broad and balanced curriculum that is continuously, thoroughly and systematically assessed encompassing the National Curriculum and external accreditation, but tailored to the individual needs of each student.
- Creating a caring environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect and each individual valued for their own unique talents.
Each student and staff member belongs to one of our Houses – Apollo, Aries, Poseidon and Zeus. In addition to weekly winners of house points, the houses regularly hold inter-house competitions, events and funding raising activities for their chosen charities.
Student voice underpins our ethos and our student council meets every fortnight to discuss school developments and raise any issues or bring forward ideas from their class members.